If you’re looking for a credit card that fits your needs and helps you to purchase whatever you want, then the African Bank Silver Credit Card is the right choice!
It’s time to understand what it means to have this card, its benefits and advantages and the requirements you must meet in order to obtain one.
About African Bank Silver Credit Card
A very reliable card provided to you by the African Bank, the Silver Credit is very similar to the Gold one, which we have already described as one of the best options available in South Africa.
This one is a little more limited, although ideal for those who seek to increase their buying power without compromising their finances.
How to apply for African Bank Silver Credit Card
You can apply online by clicking this link. Just like the Gold Credit Card, In order to obtain an African Bank Silver Credit Card, you will have to present the most recent proof of income, proof of residence that is not older than 3 months, be 18 years or older and present the latest bank statement, reflecting 3 salary deposits.
African Bank Silver Credit Card benefits and advantages
- There’s no need to carry cash anymore. The African Bank Card allows ou to purchase whatever you want, wherever you are.
- Acquiring this card gets you 60 days interest-free on POS purchases, if you settle your outstanding balance in full by the due date
- You will receive free SMS updates on your purchases.
- There’s a Global Emergency Assistance that helps you to block your account in case of theft or loss of your card. You will also receive a replacement card and get emergency cash in case of need.
- You’ll be provided with a Travel Assistance that allows you to access to a wide range of medical and legal advice during your travels. If something unexpected happens and your life is at risk, there also is a credit life insurance that goes up to R4 000 a day at any ATM and up to R5 000 per day at till points.
African Bank Silver Credit Card rates and fees
- Credit interest rate2% pa
- Debit interest ra tes per agreement
- Balance enquiryR5.75
- ATM cash withdrawals above R100 (Plus 1.5% of transaction value) R11.50
- ATM cash withdrawals less than or equal to R100 R5.75
- Declined transaction fees R5.75
African Bank Silver Credit Card phone and address
- 087 575 1111
- 0860 FASTAP (327827)
- 08:00 – 19:00 (Mon – Fri)
- 08:00 – 13:00 Sat (weekend)
- If you are dialing from outside South Africa, dial the number below first followed by the 087 number above when prompted.
Tel: +27 11 371 3711
This card serves its purpose as an intermediate option for those who want to increase their buying power without paying for expensive fees and interest rates, while having a range of benefits and advantages that make life a lot easier.